Will This Work...

For sheer amount of space I would go with 2x 2405s

But then again... arent the 2407s coming out real soon??

Alright, I'll check out the Corsair XMS, since many people have recommended it. I still want 7.1 soundsystem, cause either it is better, or will come in handy in the future. Any links to a good deal on the memory?

mlakrid said:
For sheer amount of space I would go with 2x 2405s

But then again... arent the 2407s coming out real soon??

Yes, and why not suggest the 3007 :cool:

bman, I am not a big fan of a ton of speakers in a confined space. I would think it would be more prudent in a car or a theater but I don't believe in it for personal computer systems.

5.1 can give you essentially the same fidelity but with a cleaner overall signal.

I would just check newegg or someplace for the memory deals.

Don't these 7.1 systems sounds better then 5.1 systems if you have the X-Fi soundcards?

No, it only gives you more output points and therefore THEORETICALLY better sound reproduction.

The 5.1's are about all you ever need because you have enough outputs for your ears.

Do they have the Inspire 5.1?

Edit* Yes they do, and I noticed that there only around $10 cheaper....

That's what I was thinking, but I also heard alot about 5.1 is better. I'm not sure, I think in years to come a 7.1 system will be better to have. I should be going with the 7.1 system I have choose.

The gigaworks looks amazing, but so does the inspire kind, I can't find a good deal on the gigaworks around my area.

Alright, doing some research on everything again. Not going to have this computer for a couple more month untill so yea.

If my motherboard says SLI, does that mean I can't have dual ATI Radeon x1900XT?

As some must know, I switched officially all my things over to work with Crossfire, instead of SLI. I had a SLI ready powersupply. Can I still use the one I have picked out, or do I need to find one that says Crossfire ready?

Yes, it will work fine. SLI Ready means it is powerful enough to run two video cards (and every thing else). It also has two video card power adaptors.

Originally, because I wanted a change from Nvidia. Now I have just been hearing many more better things about ATI, and seen some reviews and 3Dmarks on both the cards.

Well, honestly, the sli config is more mature.

Ati does offer better hardware when it comes to raw shader power but currently there is really no difference between the two.

If it was a single solution question, I would undoubtedly suggest Ati as the better option.

For dual, sli is more mature so you are likely to see better overall performance from it.

That being said, Cross-fire is hardly a slouch and if it does have issues in some games, you can always just use one card :)

Also, DON'T base your decision off of 3d mark please.

I didn't, I just stated that I have checked some out.

Thanks for the tips, this is the thing I hate about tech. Too many things, names and problems. Still think I'm going with Crossfire for now.

I have been asking questions and researching so much, I'm not sure if I have asked this already, so I'll ask again. lol

I have this memory picked out..

Kingston Unbuffered Dual Channel DDR 400 (2GB) / PC3200

2 of them, to make 4GB, first off What does Unbuffered mean, and someone was talking about low latency memory, what are the differences and where can I get some, which are the same like this 2GB

$76 dollars,
the cache is 1mb on the FX vs 2 mb (1mb per core),
one is an dual core cpu the FX is single core
the FX has no fan

Both are 2.4Ghz clock speed so the dual core will probably be faster in most applications.

Buffered is a little slower than unbuffered but buffered used to mean you could use more sticks. That is changing, now many boards can use 4 sticks of unbuffered.

Timings are how many of the 400 mhz clock cycles it takes to do a job (refresh, read, write, etc). Usually listed a 3 numbers. 2-2-2-7 is fast memory, 3.5-3-3-10 is junk.

When they go to DDR2 the clock speed goes up (667 or 800) but the timings go way down 5-3-3-15. So at 566 DDR2 is no faster than DDR which is why intel and amd are not pushing the DDR2 MBs. There is no reason until DDR2 800 is widely available.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back