The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

And when you press the PTT (Push To Talk) button it tells you that it is not available yet. That should be an interesting feature come 2007.

EDIT:
The E-TEN Dialer skins work on the 8525 as well. Much nicer looking than the default dialer screen.

Last edited:
If you bought it from Handango, you might be able to get it at an upgrade price. Try the "Update to Version 1.6" link on this page.

It shows me $39.99 for the upgrade price as well. Unless I am missing something. I did purchase it from Handango.

You are right though, the new features don't warrant the upgrade.

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out (stupid me). $9.99 for the upgrade.

Last edited:
Damn you matt___________

Nice words and good compliments of the phone - I just ordered one :D

The phone is awesome. Call quality is better, reception is better, speed for data is much better.

Here is another small quirk: I think the power button is in a bad spot. But that may be because I am used to looking for it on top. Also, when pressing the power button there is a slight delay until the unit powers on/off. The 8125 was instant.

Quick question,

I am thinking about buying a MacBook Pro and iMac. I have always had a PC and I currently am using the Moto Q and loving its sync capabilities to my computer. If I make the switch, assuming I have Office for Mac, will I be able to use the phone just as I have done with my PC?

Does anyone currently have the Moto Q and a Mac?

ABEC [LU];764334 said:
Quick question,

I am thinking about buying a MacBook Pro and iMac. I have always had a PC and I currently am using the Moto Q and loving its sync capabilities to my computer. If I make the switch, assuming I have Office for Mac, will I be able to use the phone just as I have done with my PC?

Does anyone currently have the Moto Q and a Mac?
Not a Mac user myself, but Missing Sync sounds like what you need. :)
http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_windowsmobile.php

Derek, Matt: Do you guys live in areas where Cingular has already rolled out their HSDPA network?

It worked in Albany, but not Saratoga or Amsterdam. Blazing fast. I have mastered the art of using the thing while driving and normally it takes about 10 seconds to sync up. With HSDPA it wizzed right by.

Hooray!

My device actually shipped today (Sunday), and I will have it tomorrow. Have to love free next day shipping :D

does anyone have a free text message program that's better then the mcirosoft?

I want to be able to read it as a conversation like on the palm, but the microsft doesn't list it like that
The Treo 750v (which runs WM5) includes a Palm threaded-SMS app. As expected, some folks managed to get this running on any WM5 device. :)

I'm not sure how well it works, and the installation process is a bit messy (it involves overwriting system files), but here's apparently what you end up with:

palm_messaging.jpg

And here's the link to the download/instructions: http://www.ppcgeeks.com/palm-threaded-sms-program-for-wm5-beta-4-update-11-06-t978.html

The Treo 750v (which runs WM5) includes a Palm threaded-SMS app. As expected, some folks managed to get this running on any WM5 device. :)

I'm not sure how well it works, and the installation process is a bit messy (it involves overwriting system files), but here's apparently what you end up with:

palm_messaging.jpg

And here's the link to the download/instructions: http://www.ppcgeeks.com/palm-threaded-sms-program-for-wm5-beta-4-update-11-06-t978.html
hehe

don't think I have the time to go through it and I surely don't want to risk a hard reset

thanx netryder

kcnychief - are you still enjoying the Garmin iQue M5 I sold you? I miss it, but my father apparently has 2 lying around. I might go "misplace" one for him ;)

Yeah it's around somewhere, I use it from time to time.

If you want to move another please send me a PM. I know someone who wants one.

"Windows Update Mobile" -- It will be interesting to see how that is used. Awesome read. Thanks Derek. Good work as usual.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back