The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

I'd like to see you post a review, especially since you are going to have it on the 12th before it hits the market on the 15th.

I think having something nice like that would really help the site :)

After reading the review, I think the thing that would make it the most worthwhile to me is improved call quality. I have noticed, especially of late, that is a bit lacking. I have static from time to time, and depending on how good my service is sometimes the call actually echoes.
You should try the new 2.47.11 radio ROM. Unlike a full ROM upgrade, it doesn't wipe your device. I installed it on my MDA last week, and noticed that signal re-acquisition is a lot faster when I come out of a dead zone. I've rarely had an issue with voice quality, but others have been reporting that it improves that as well. Might be worth a shot. :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=279380

I may have to look at that, didn't notice there were any new ROM's, thanks bro ;)

The 8525 has been delayed yet again and the reason is a good one (not really).

They have too much stock of the 8125 and are trying to clear some of it out before releasing the 8525.

The release could happen Thursday, next week, or the end of the month.

Yes it does. He called me this morning to give me the (bad) news.

Hoorrayyy phone!!! :D

Booooo price :(

I'm going to call today and if I can get the upgrade price I'm all over it :D

He called me yesterday and said it was slated for delivery today (it was supposed to arrive at the warehouse yesterday morning and in store today). We'll see if he comes through.

Voice Command 1.6 is also now available. :)
http://microsoft.handango.com/Platf...=2&catalog=0&sectionId=0&productId=199594

New features:
  • New! Bluetooth hands free control: Bluetooth hands free control enhances your hands free eyes free experience and adds privacy to your spoken notifications. Now you can initiate a Voice Command interaction using a Bluetooth headset and some Hands free car kits*. You can also receive spoken notifications in a whisper mode through the Bluetooth headset keeping you privately up to date
  • New! Spoken Email notifications: You can now configure Voice Command to speak the subject and sender of incoming email messages and the content of SMS messages as they arrive

Do you have a link? I'm still showing 1.5 on the web site.

I have to buy it again? I just bought it five months ago!

On the other hand, I have my 8525. I haven't had time to try it out but it looks sweet! I'll have to set aside some time for it tomorrow.

If you bought it from Handango, you might be able to get it at an upgrade price. Try the "Update to Version 1.6" link on this page.

I'm probably going to hold off on upgrading for a while though. I don't use a BT headset anyway, so I'm not sure if the changes warrant the price for an upgrade. I'll wait for some reviews to see if anything else has changed significantly. v1.5 works great as it is. :)

On the other hand, I have my 8525. I haven't had time to try it out but it looks sweet! I'll have to set aside some time for it tomorrow.
After that voicemail you left me yesterday I DEMAND some pictures and thoughts on it today :D

I may actually pick it up this weekend, as soon as I have a few minutes to pick up the ****ing phone and try to get it at the upgrade price. I tried online and it says that I "May be eligible" for an upgrade. WTF is that? :p

I've been awake since 3:00 AM so I decided to get up and get a jump start on the business day. The first and most important thing I had to do was configure my new 8525 so I could use it while on the road today.

First impression: WOW! A huge difference from the 8125. The device is blazing fast compared to the older model. The new device is superior in every way.

The newest version of Windows Mobile (5.0 build 14955.2.3.0) offers some nice enhancements such as showing you in the bottom bar when typing if SHIFT or CAPS is on, if the alternate characters (such as numbers and characters) is on, etc. They've also updated a few of the icons with newer and fresher looking icons. The current ROM is dated 09/21/2006.

The 8525 is a better feel when holding it, regardless if it is closed or open. The construction seems a lot better and the keyboard slides nicely (I always thought opening/closing the keyboard on the 8125 felt cheap).

The 8525 appears brighter than the 8125.

I haven't made any calls yet but downloading my email happened quickly.

My only gripe about the 8525 is the stylus. With the 8125 it didn't matter how you slid it back in, it would always go. The 8525, on the other hand, is picky about the way you slide it back in. Although it does feel much more secure being in the slot (still located on the bottom of the device).

I won't be able to post pictures today (maybe) because I will be on the road all morning and into the afternoon. I've slept three hours and I plan on taking a nap in the afternoon.

Life is a good.

Nice initial thoughts/review, I want one even more now :D

No sleep before pictures!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back