• ESPN

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • FleaFlicker

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Fantasy Football League

For the record, I am for getting rid of waivers.

For 1 Against 0

wow.. waited a whole 20 minutes before making a decision :)

I picked up Lamont Jordan.

I had a spot to fill for RB and I figure he may do something this week, we will see. Better than an empty spot at least :)

I hope Lamont doesn't do much this week.. I just picked of Clev D since pitt is on a bye. I chose the Browns for the sole reason that they were playing the inept Oakland offense this week.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I didn't make a decision, I voted. Which is the same thing everyone else can do :)

I hope Lamont rocks this week :D

If you didn't want the waivers that is somehting that needs to be agreed upon before the season begins. Kind of hard to turn it off , especially when I lose Trent Green in the first week. Maybe next year we can discuss this during the owners meeting after the superbowl.

Explain, "turn off waivers". Is this to make it instant when you drop someone that someone else can pick them up without the wait? If so I say yes turn it off. Although if it could be adjusted for a 24 hour thing instead of 2 or 3 frickin days, that would work better. In case someone changes there mind the next day after dumping a player.

I dont like waiver wires... the way I feel about it is this:

If you miss the beggining of a draft, like I did, and have to choose on the spur of the moment, the waiver wire is totally random, and then rotates as each person chooses to drop/add personell to the roster...

I think the waiver wire should ONLY apply to those people who were drafted, and NOT to the people who are left over from the draft... I figure it as it is first come first served for all Free Agents, and everyone who didnt get picked up in my humble opinion is a darn free agent...

HOWEVER, if I had to choose a solid yes or no to waiver wire, it would be a NO...

just my $.02...

If you didn't want the waivers that is somehting that needs to be agreed upon before the season begins. Kind of hard to turn it off , especially when I lose Trent Green in the first week. Maybe next year we can discuss this during the owners meeting after the superbowl.

Actually, really easy to turn it off. Not sure why you feel it has to be decided before or after the season and has anything to do with Trent Green. I can change a setting, it turns off, and that's the end of it.

I'm not going to do it just for the heck of doing it, that's why I wanted to hold a vote and majority wins. Vanquished won't vote, so technically that makes it a bit harder to get a 5, but 5 is what we need either direction.

Explain, "turn off waivers". Is this to make it instant when you drop someone that someone else can pick them up without the wait? If so I say yes turn it off. Although if it could be adjusted for a 24 hour thing instead of 2 or 3 frickin days, that would work better. In case someone changes there mind the next day after dumping a player.

That is correct, it just allows adding/dropping to go a bit more smoothly.

I dont like waiver wires... the way I feel about it is this:

If you miss the beggining of a draft, like I did, and have to choose on the spur of the moment, the waiver wire is totally random, and then rotates as each person chooses to drop/add personell to the roster...

I think the waiver wire should ONLY apply to those people who were drafted, and NOT to the people who are left over from the draft... I figure it as it is first come first served for all Free Agents, and everyone who didnt get picked up in my humble opinion is a darn free agent...

HOWEVER, if I had to choose a solid yes or no to waiver wire, it would be a NO...

just my $.02...

Waivers are on or off, I can't control who they apply to.

That being said, I want you three + fitz to vote please :D

ok if I am understanding this , the waivers just place a hold on the pick-ups until your logical place in line. meh, superfluous, turn it off.

my vote would be to keep them if you can change the rules of the waiver. Instead of roating based on draft, it should be based on worst team having highest priority so the worst team will get a better chance of picking up someone that another team dropped.

Two days would be fair.. thus, if someone dropped peyton manning for whatever reason, it wouldn't just go to whoever saw it first and grabbed it (to me, that's unfair - what happens to players that don't obsess and check the waiver wire every hour?) but it would go to the player/team that needed it most.

ok if I am understanding this , the waivers just place a hold on the pick-ups until your logical place in line. meh, superfluous, turn it off.

It's not superflous.. the hold is there to give all teams the chance to make a play for the dropped player. Like I said above, it you just drop direct to free agency, it's not really fair to all teams since it becomes more of a race to see who notices the drop first and is the first to add it.

A 36 to 48 hour time limit is good. No more than that. If an owner is too busy to check on his team or just forgets (or worst case, doesn't give a bleep) then that is just tough titty. We all should be somewhat diligent of what we have desided to participate in. Time limit is my vote.

That is all fine and dandy but the waivers are placed in reverse order to the draft, not to the experience of the fantasy owner. This is something that cannot be forseen with a 1st time league, maybe next year when we have anm accurate guage to peoples experience and fantasy draft ownership, than this will become a better barometer.

I have to agree with Gonaads if you are not going to participate, than that is your problem.

Just place a a hold on all picks until wednesday, and let everybody manuever from there. There is no way to justify this one way or the other, especially since the draft was done at random.

My comment/view was that the waiver order should update week to week based on the standings. Experience of the owner has nothing to do with it. An experienced fantasy player can have bad teams/bad weeks (ie: see KCNY's teams :) ). Basing it on standing means the worst team in win/loss record (and points in case of tied records) woudl have the highest priority on the waiver wire. This would update each week..

Week 1 can start with reverse draft order since (1) no games have been played yet so everyone has the same record and (2) You just finished the draft.. why would you drop someone you just drafted? Free agent pickups are not subject to waiver rules. If you do drop someone you drafted and someone wants to pick him up, why not use reverse draft order?

I agree that 24-48 hours should be the time limit on waiver pickups.

I don't have an argument with that, other than it makes more work for KC:D
I happen to agree with you, but this is something that we should have looked at befpre the season, making this kind of change would put an extraordinary amount of the burden on KC, and I don't think that is fair.

Unless we can write some simple scripts that would take care of all this...

O.K. I spoke my thoughts as to this, now all you can clean up. :p

I gotta got back to work. :( Seeya.

That is exactly correct.

my vote would be to keep them if you can change the rules of the waiver. Instead of roating based on draft, it should be based on worst team having highest priority so the worst team will get a better chance of picking up someone that another team dropped.

Two days would be fair.. thus, if someone dropped peyton manning for whatever reason, it wouldn't just go to whoever saw it first and grabbed it (to me, that's unfair - what happens to players that don't obsess and check the waiver wire every hour?) but it would go to the player/team that needed it most.

It's not superflous.. the hold is there to give all teams the chance to make a play for the dropped player. Like I said above, it you just drop direct to free agency, it's not really fair to all teams since it becomes more of a race to see who notices the drop first and is the first to add it.

That is actually a valid point, but that means I would manually have to adjust the waiver order each week based on last week's performance. Might feel like doing, might not. Another thing wrong with that is if someone does bad the week before, and the new week starts before I get to do it, they might not move down the line on waiver priority.

A 36 to 48 hour time limit is good. No more than that. If an owner is too busy to check on his team or just forgets (or worst case, doesn't give a bleep) then that is just tough titty. We all should be somewhat diligent of what we have desided to participate in. Time limit is my vote.

Time limit is a valid point, right now it's set to 2 days which IMO is a bit annoying. It's not so much having to "watch the waiver wire", but if there is someone out there that you want to pick up, and you have to wait 2 ****ing days to do it, it's mad annoying.

That is all fine and dandy but the waivers are placed in reverse order to the draft, not to the experience of the fantasy owner. This is something that cannot be forseen with a 1st time league, maybe next year when we have anm accurate guage to peoples experience and fantasy draft ownership, than this will become a better barometer.

I have to agree with Gonaads if you are not going to participate, than that is your problem.

Just place a a hold on all picks until wednesday, and let everybody manuever from there. There is no way to justify this one way or the other, especially since the draft was done at random.

It is not intelligent enough to set for a certain day of the week. Waivers are in effect or they are not. The way they are set now is that there is 2 day (48 hour) waiver time. That means, 48 hours from WHENEVER you try to pick them up, they have to clear waivers.

My comment/view was that the waiver order should update week to week based on the standings. Experience of the owner has nothing to do with it. An experienced fantasy player can have bad teams/bad weeks (ie: see KCNY's teams :) ). Basing it on standing means the worst team in win/loss record (and points in case of tied records) woudl have the highest priority on the waiver wire. This would update each week..

Week 1 can start with reverse draft order since (1) no games have been played yet so everyone has the same record and (2) You just finished the draft.. why would you drop someone you just drafted? Free agent pickups are not subject to waiver rules. If you do drop someone you drafted and someone wants to pick him up, why not use reverse draft order?

I agree that 24-48 hours should be the time limit on waiver pickups.

Interesting perspective, and I almost like the ordered waiver wires now.

I don't have an argument with that, other than it makes more work for KC:D
I happen to agree with you, but this is something that we should have looked at befpre the season, making this kind of change would put an extraordinary amount of the burden on KC, and I don't think that is fair.

Unless we can write some simple scripts that would take care of all this...

Scripts? Ha! This is Yahoo and it's free, so that won't happen ;)

However, I don't see it being TOO much of a burden. This isn't something we could have forseen/predicted in the beginning of the season because I haven't played with waivers before.

It is a bit more work, but honestly I think I may not be as against it as I thought.

I thought I made it pretty clear: heh!

as in NO waiverwire... turn the BIOTCH OFF!! :eek:

You did, and thank you ;)

O.K. I spoke my thoughts as to this, now all you can clean up. :p

I gotta got back to work. :( Seeya.

OK, so despite all the rambling, please just vote darn you people! So far I only have a straight answer out of myself and mlakrid, which puts it at 2 people for waivers OFF, and no votes yet in other direction.

Let's vote on/off and then decide from there how we want to structure it.

Off!

By the way this is an intenet forum, so a healthy discussion about anything, along with the other people tellling us we are doing it the wrong way, and 5 people telling us that their previous league did it like this....Were you really expecting yes or no answers? :)

That sound like the to do this thing, we all have work around the wavier wire at this point. my vote is no.

Fitz, is correct, that why it setup that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hehe ok good point good point :D

So I guess that makes it 3-1 in favor of turning them OFF.

So is it off or what?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back