OSNN Adverts

Re: OMFG kill the noisy ads like yesterday

Ok, think this... ( few nights ago ) ... 2 in the morning. Speakers on, music off. Cat sleeping on subwoofer. ( see cat )

cat.jpg

I surf to OSNN, click on forums, and a few seconds after, an ear splitting " BZZZZZZZZT! " The cat wakes up and freaking lurches off the woofer, onto and across my desk, and underneath the couch. Scared the **** out of me!!!

Got details of the ad matey?
I will declare war on the entire country that the ad came from.

.com, so it is anyone's guess as to where the company is from, but i bet the US. Check the other threa,d several poeple including me have linked to the bzzzzz fly one.

well the ads will still be clickable but it depends whether they appear on our rotations.
Anyway, get me the links and I will throw em at the relevent people if I can't find them myself.

Attachments

• annoying.jpg
    annoying.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 86
  • annoying.wav
    132 KB · Views: 61
if you see it again, try and catch the exact link it would take you and perhaps the link location of the flash plugin.

I have taken a look in the source of the iframe, but the problem is, it uses some javascript-code to generate an random number, with which it loads the flash. I don't know what that number is (as it is random) so I can't tell the source to the flash. That's why I posted a screenie of the ad along with the sound it makes, so you can pass it along to burst?

Can you save the link that would open when you click?
If you can't get the image source, its the only way I can find out who is serving the ad.

Electronic Punk said:
Can you save the link that would open when you click?
If you can't get the image source, its the only way I can find out who is serving the ad.
It goes too quickly for me to capture the actual link, but it ultimately redirect to www.de25dagen.nl.

Ok mate, what browser do you use, I will see if I can find a way for you to get me exactly the bits I need!

I might get a dutch proxy (and a us one too) and see what I can find, seems like it might be a good idea :)

Fly provided by

Castlemedia

IE 6, 300 Mhz Packard Bell POS.

In safari there is this window called "Activity" under Window, which shows you what loaded, and under what page, it also shows you the full links it downloaded, so even the javascript does not conceal the real URL.

Looks like something I can chase up after work, which is going to finish on time tonight.
All this overtime is driving me nuts.

All work and no play makes punk erm.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back