NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're still climbing the rankings - but slower than we were. One thing I would suggest is that you take the console only version of Folding if you are going to and when you install it select to run it as a service (defaults to no, so you have to ask for it).

If you do this it is always there very much in the background, once you have fired it up on your ID it will keep running even if switched to another logon, until machine is rebooted.

I usually run it overnight and while I am at work. When I am at home every mht is mine :D

Just started here at home. CPU didn't even have time to cool from Find A Drug. I will be adding the rest of my networks here shortly. I was adding about 1Tflop +/- to the FAD per week, I don't know what that will equate to here.

Welcome to the "team" Steevo - you've got your first work unit done already.... we are not the most active of teams, but you certainly won't be alone. would be good to see some of the dormant members adding to their work too, or maybe some others following your example and joining up. In case you don't know folks you have complete control over what % of your CPU works on folding and when it posts online etc. From a personal point of view I have found folding causes me zero problems and is fine for stepping out of the way whenever you wish to game or anything and has a pretty small memory footprint (depending on workunit) it is also useful to keep your machine running busy enough to spot any issues before they might affect you, maybe.

Our Team currently ranks 845 out of 32849 Teams. Not bad. Let's make it better. This is a good cause.

To save some who may be lazy, here is the info...

Sazar said:
All right ladies and gents. Since we seemed to have a pretty decent response I went ahead and created a team page for us to join onto.

Currently we have no active anything's so lets change that :D

I should be able to contribute my first work-unit shortly.

Our team page == http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=35216

To join, simply go to http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/ and download the client. Once you have installed the client enter your username and then enter the team number. Our team number is 35216 so make sure you put that in there to contribute your work units (WU's) to the team.

The application has a small resource footprint and can be set to use minimal resources (recommended) or slightly more to speed things up. Depends on your general usage and if it is creating any lag. You can choose to run the client when you choose or have it startup with windows and run in the background.

The client can be closed @ any time and/or be set as a psuedo-screensaver. In this mode you just maximise the display to full screen and it works like a screensaver however to save power its best to turn your monitor off either manually or in powersave mode, the display does not speed things up.

AMD USERS and to an extent some Intel users, you can use this in your command line to speed up WU processing.

-advmethods -forceSSE

Just enter that in your command line and you will be able to contribute more WU's faster. It should look like this.

"C:\Program Files\Folding@Home\winFAH.exe" -advmethods -forceSSE

Depends naturally on where you install to :)

This is all for a good cause since it helps cellular research and it is also just using up your processors spare cycles. So join in the fun and enjoy :cool:

-edit- changed to updated url...

I have added most of our network here, and should be adding the other one on the next trip. Next week????

/cranks out WU's

I'm comin for you Xsiv.........

And again, that just sounds wrong....

Steevo said:
/cranks out WU's

I'm comin for you Xsiv.........

And again, that just sounds wrong....
Don't make me fold from other machines. <_<

Me is now #9. And I only have a few computers on.

I still has 7 more 2+ Ghz machines to add. And a coupla 1.7's

/Laughs @ evil thoughts

all good for the team Steevo - I have looked around and the top folder talk in millions, I am not entirely sure what kinda lives they lead....

Still, after a long time with me and X-siv making over half the folding you're like a breath of fresh air, more power to your network :)

Mainframeguy said:
Still, after a long time with me and X-siv making over half the folding you're like a breath of fresh air, more power to your network :)
Couldn't agree more. I have power back after hurricane Frances so I am folding again.

Welcome also to the team Moonacres, everyone folding helps (goes to give rep ;) )

And Kayli and Sab4you also, even though they are anonymous (guest?) contributors - like I say it all helps and at this rate looks like we might even get a shot at trying for top 500 if the trend continues (up to 25 CPUs now and climbed to 758th place)

I've started folding again. I'll have the client installed on most of the lab's computers. It'll only be a matter of time before I take the number 1 spot!!! and the world! wahahah. Well no ... not really.

Welcome ...

Welcome to your newest folder Tom9042 :)

I think we might need seriously more if we want to get team OSNN into the top 500 though.... hint :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back