Building New Computer

LeeJend said:
They billed your card before the material was in stock to ship AND before the order started porcessing!

We call that fraud in the USA and discourage it with lawyers.

Technically the cards isn't billed, i checked my bank account and the money is still there but when i go to order it says i have succeded my limit! So somewhere along the line it's registering as paid

LeeJend said:
Since your order is in limbo I would recommend a different power supply. That supply only has a single +12V rail @ 22A. That is really pushing your luck for the system you comfigured.

You need a supply with 2 +12V rails with 17-18A each or higher. That supply has most of it's capacity on the +3.3 and +5V rails which is what the last geenration of PC's needed. The new stuff (AMD K6, Intel P4, dual core and latter model video cards) need more power on the +12V.

Update - I just tried to research the technical data on the TAGAN power supplies and was not impressed. They have a dual 12V rails at 20A each, 430W supply at Komplett, but the combined +12V was only 26A. The TG-430-U15 is still pushing your luck for the system you selected since it is effectively only 6 more amps.

http://www.tagan.com/pages/products/easyconS/TG-430-U15_Tagan_UK_mini.pdf

No i can see how easily confused i get at the technical side! lol

Here is the link for the customisation, which PCU would you recomend

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/config.asp?ConfigSystemId=10090

With regard to the previous post, is anyone else able to recomend a PSU suitbale for powering the components i have selected?

If you plan on upgrading you should get a better mobo as well as a better PSU... I personally would go with the larger Tagan supply, but I can not get them here in the states... I like antec but that particular power supply had differing opinions on other websites...

since you ar note going to be running SLI yet, and you didnt go for a top processor almost any of the ones noted should run your system,

AGAIN... if at some point you want to add components, then fo for the best supply you can afford right now, and upgrade only when needed...

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back