Atapi.sys problem

I read a problem similar to yours on another forum. I dont remember where. but if memory serves they uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers after they installed all the software for the video card. In your case installing what is on the CD for the Ide manager might not be a bad idea, if it is the IDE drive thats causing you problems I mean....

:) Good Luck! Keep us posted...

Admiral Michael said:
never heard of BFG (I stay away from unknown types). Since the site says to use the drivers from Nvidia.com Im not sure what else to suggest.

Im a little confused, if hes talking about the video I know what hes speaking of.... if he really is reffering to the mobo, Im lost....

BFG is one of the best video card companies out there now, they take Nvidia Cards, overclock them, take the NVidia drivers, and make it to where you cant OC them anymore using their own drivers...

Reason being is they already OC their cards.. thats actually what they do... OC and resell video cards...

both my video and motherboard are from bfg, i tried reinstalling latest nvidia drivers..and trying to use old ones..nothing works..when i installed the nvidia ide manager i get the same errors just a different file associated witht the error...nvatabus.sys i think it was

I have to admit, I really only skimmed this thread, but I wanted to mention something. From experience, when I have run into the "Driver_less_or_equal", it points towards bad RAM. Have you tested or swapped those out?

EDIT: OK, just read it a little more carefully. First, the 137GB problem WAS fixed in SP2, so you are good there. Memtest86 is good, but it hasn't been updated in awhile. Try this, was just updated on 6-27-05. Also, since these are software-based tests, if you have the luxury, swap out the chips. Or, if you have 2, run only 1, then the other, etc. My buck is still on a RAM issue.

yea i used memtest+...i will try using one at a time to see if that helps..when i traveled i put the mem chips in aluminum foil..youre supposed to do this yes?

one.123 said:
yea i used memtest+...i will try using one at a time to see if that helps..when i traveled i put the mem chips in aluminum foil..youre supposed to do this yes?

Not sure about aluminum foil, I have always used static bags. Also, it could be your bank. If you have 4 banks and 2 chips, try each chip in each bank, I know it's a pain-staking process, but, that will help you narrow things down.

mlakrid said:
Im a little confused, if hes talking about the video I know what hes speaking of.... if he really is reffering to the mobo, Im lost....
Well as he mentioned its both video and mobo but I was asking about the motherboard. I looked up BFG motherboard. So I went to the site said its uses the drivers from nividia.com (nforce chipset).

Just wanted to clarify.

Admiral Michael said:
Well as he mentioned its both video and mobo but I was asking about the motherboard. I looked up BFG motherboard. So I went to the site said its uses the drivers from nividia.com (nforce chipset).

Just wanted to clarify.

Yea I know what you were reffering too...

I more meant his answer... hehe

:D

kcnychief said:
I have to admit, I really only skimmed this thread, but I wanted to mention something. From experience, when I have run into the "Driver_less_or_equal", it points towards bad RAM. Have you tested or swapped those out?

EDIT: OK, just read it a little more carefully. First, the 137GB problem WAS fixed in SP2, so you are good there. Memtest86 is good, but it hasn't been updated in awhile. Try this, was just updated on 6-27-05. Also, since these are software-based tests, if you have the luxury, swap out the chips. Or, if you have 2, run only 1, then the other, etc. My buck is still on a RAM issue.

And mine is on drivers either sound or video most times I have ever seen the same trouble it has never been ram , bad ram will crap out at all different times and give you all kinds of stupid errors which is exactly what leads you to think it is ram cause it can drop at anytime , where as if it is the same error over and over then I am more sure its driver/chipset related most times its the on board sound or ide drivers in Nvidia boards.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
And mine is on drivers either sound or video most times I have ever seen the same trouble it has never been ram , bad ram will crap out at all different times and give you all kinds of stupid errors which is exactly what leads you to think it is ram cause it can drop at anytime , where as if it is the same error over and over then I am more sure its driver/chipset related most times its the on board sound or ide drivers in Nvidia boards.

Sorry, Just going from my experience. I have had that problem several times, most noteably on Dell GX270's, and that has been the fix.

kcnychief said:
Not sure about aluminum foil, I have always used static bags. Also, it could be your bank. If you have 4 banks and 2 chips, try each chip in each bank, I know it's a pain-staking process, but, that will help you narrow things down.

And chances are here you wont post 2 out of 4 trys dont sound like much of an idea , maybe one stick at a time in slot 1 and run it for a few hours then switch to another .

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Dell's will screwed up memory from Dell?

Yes, and we have 100's of GX270's so it wasn't a driver issue. If it was, the problem more than likely would have been widescale. Now, granted, I wasn't speaking of his "particular" problem, if you read my earlier post I was referencing the error of "Driver_IRQ_Not_Less_Or_Equal"

"Driver_IRQ_Not_Less_Or_Equal" yeah DRIVER sounds like DRIVER to me too ... and again I am sure the bad ram was crapping out in alot of different ways cause bad ram is bad ram and will crap out all the time with different errors over and over .. and if Dell sold 100's of bad machines with bad ram I am sure they fixed it too .

could this problem be caused by my hdd? because i noticed that after another format...and after installed my nvidia drivers, including the nv ide driver..when i restarted it showed that it had found new hardware which was my main hdd with winxp installed on it. after this came up about 5-10 minutes later i received my first bsod on the fresh installation..

The nvidia IDE drivers are not that great , they cause problems with certain setups.

yea but even if i don't install them i get the same bsod with atapi.sys...ive also gotten one where it said the file was...i804e or something like that..didn't really see it

Well you can get BSOD but you need to shut off the auto restart and really see the messages.

ok i got the new file linked with this problem it is i8042prt.sys, i googled it and it said it was the driver for the ps/2 port?

It would be helpful if you wrote out the error message so if you have not done so already turn off auto-restart.

Right-click on My Computer>Properties>Advanced tab then under Startup and Recovery click on Setting.

Uncheck the box in front of Automatic restart then next time you get BSOD you can write down the error message and post it here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back