Download Manager suggestions please

zapoqx

Striking Master
I use Free Download Manager on my computer but on my laptop, it doesn't work without killing IE. Fresh Download Manager messes up my viewing of exe format files. So I need to get help with it.

I used to use Download Accelerator Plus until it got slowed. So one day while I was at school, I saw a more recent version of DAP with alot of freshness on it that makes it cleaner.

However, there is a site that I go to for anime music that doesn't let you download anything if it detects a download manager so I don't want a download manager that fully integrates into IE without my permission.

I use both IE and Firefox.

So can I get suggestions on teh download managers?

Well really I'd just say use Firefox's built in download manager, or the extension you can get for it. That's all I use and they work great.

Well ya, they are fine, but I also want resuming as an option as well as similar feature like DAP has of the finding other sites that have the same file and all to help download.

Well I have never been big on managers, but search google for Download Managers, and your fine thousands.

I'm sure someone will post very soon why that they like....

I use star, which is free and does a very nice job, I like setting up my downloads allowing only one at a time, the rest go into cue, which keeps my connection speed workable but still gets all my downloads

I also don't split files, I just use the manager to cue the downloads

I've gotta agree with Perris, Fresh Download was not compatible with my laptop. So I have used Star, it works great and all you have to do is hold down Alt to bypass sites that limit the connection.

and you can toggle in and out of browser integration which is also very nice

star. Sounds familier. I will search for it just to be sure.

EDIT: I know why it sounded familier. My computer has it. It got unstable bad. In fact, I can't access it even after I uninstall and reinstall.

Last edited:
I have licenses for Getright and Reget Deluxe. After years of using both I now only (rarely) use Reget as it does not intercept downloads unless you push ALT while clicking the link and does not need to be running in the tray all the time like Getright does. Getright wants to intercept anything you click on.

Flashget is good. But when I used it, it never found mirrors even after it was setup to look for mirrors.

Never really had a need for one of these, what is the benefit?

Makes sense, I guess I just have never had a situation where I needed it.

star. Sounds familier. I will search for it just to be sure.

EDIT: I know why it sounded familier. My computer has it. It got unstable bad. In fact, I can't access it even after I uninstall and reinstall.
try uninstalling and then go into the program files in explorer and delete every star folder...then reinstall

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back