Codecs

tazmanaz

OSNN One Post Wonder
i am trying to find out how to find what codecs need upgrade or missing in my pc. i am using windows xp home

That's bad advice sraycoz. You should only install the codecs you need, as you need them.

klite codec pack only installs codecs you are ever likely to need: xvid, divx, mpeg2, ogg,ac3, a few mixers/amps and a couple media players oh and the intel video codecs, all of which are optional.

So in short do not install ffdshow for reason I stated in another post and install klite codec pack.

I advise against codec packs. Use the program NetRyder mentioned to find what codecs you need, or you can use VirtualDub to do the same.

with other codec packs i have had lots of problems but as lordofla said klite streamlines only basic codects you need. and the mega pack gives you quicktime and realtime alternatives. I still have not had any problems with this codect pack as long as you unistall what you allready have first and i have installed it on allllot of comps. I dont think its bad advice and a easier fix for someone who doesnt know alot about codects. But everyone is entitled to there own opinon. :) i stick by my decision though.

Maybe I'm just jaded because of bad experiences with the Nimo codec pack back in the day.

Maybe I'm just jaded because of bad experiences with the Nimo codec pack back in the day.

ick i used that messed thinsg up.. i would agree on nimo. hehe went from nimo to k-lite and no problems since.

one other thing klite is updated somewhat reguarly. So for a novice this is nice as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back