SMTP error message

S

stef_nz

I have been trying to set up my smtp service to allow me to run my website from my pc instead of the expensive hosted option i have at the moment.

The web service runs great but i am getting a really confusing error message when i use cdo to send email.
When my asp script calls the Send() method, i get the following....

The event class for this subscription is in an invalid partition.

I am struggling to comprehend this one and can't find any help on the web anywhere.

Don't make me go back to cdonts!!! (actually i would if i could find a copy of the dll anywhere - hint, hint!)

Oh, i'm running iis on xp pro.

it sort of sounds like a com+ error to me , though i havent come across it before

Have you opened port 25 on your Firewall ? it may be bouncing back the request ....

other than that i really have no ideas sorry

thanks for that advice waddy. as silly as this sounds, i'm pretty sure i haven't opened port 25. :rolleyes:

i'll see what happens.
cheers :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back