Problem with ASUS P4G800-V mobo

CHiLLaXen

hypnotika
Everything starts up but I do not get any video. I swapped out RAM and video card but still don't get video. I tried plugging in both on board video and with a 9600 Pro. What could be wrong?

P.S. On the mobo, there is no P4 plug thing (you know, that white retangular plug.) don't know if thats needed to be plugged in, There isn't a plug on the mobo for that.

Specs:
P4 2.4GHz ("A" I believe)
ASUS P4G800-V
512MB RAM
9600 Pro (128MB)
80 Western Digital HD (not plugged in yet)
some CD-RW drive (not plugged in yet)

*edit* I looked on the site and the modo design doesn't match, but has the same specs. (bought the mobo from new egg)

*edit* nevermind, the design does match

Ok, I found the problem. The 2.4AGHz (533 FSB) chip isn't supported till BIOS ver.1008 and right now the mobo has the BIOS ver.1003. so how can I flash the BIOS without getting a chip that works with the mobo right now?

asus should have a set of forums a lot like this... I know MSI does...

you can check in there and see if any of the lads has a beta bios they can hook you up with and see if that cna help you out...

its the best alternative I spose till you get the official bios update... but as with all beta's... use @ own risk...

Sazar said:
asus should have a set of forums a lot like this... I know MSI does...

you can check in there and see if any of the lads has a beta bios they can hook you up with and see if that cna help you out...

its the best alternative I spose till you get the official bios update... but as with all beta's... use @ own risk...
the bios he wants to flash isn't a beta, but he can't flash it because the bios currently on the motherboard doesn't support the chip he has.

the bios he would be flashing does support the chip he has, but he needs to flash it in order to get that bios.

in order to flash it he would need a chip that the current bios supports... :(

ah... thats a tough one...

is it at all possible to get the situation rectified by borrowing a C processor from somewhere? or perhaps rma'ing the board and getting one that does indeed support his processor?

can you currently post with the 2.4b cpu in?

if not you might want to consider rma'ing (if thats an option at all)

I actually have the 2.4a right now. I think I may be able to RMA it, gotta check my e-mail to see when I bought this mobo. I got it long time ago but never put it together till now.

I don't have anyone to get a Pentium proccesso as I built most of my friends for them and they all got AMD.

Perhaps there maybe a local computer shop around that has an eeprom burner that can write the new bios to the eeprom?

edit: dont' mind my stupidity it's 6:50am. If you were gonna bring it to a computer shop, they'd just throw in a compatible chip and flash it. But... If you have access to a eeprom burner....(dunno, alot of CompSci/CompEng depts have them in labs, etc.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back