looking more like OS X than ever before

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
This might be of interest to all of you OS X emulator-freaks out there. :p It's a mod pack that makes XP look almost exactly like OS X Panther.

The system modification pack includes:
  • Modded System Files.
  • Updated versions of Danimator's Panther and Jaguar Windowblinds 4.3 Skins.
  • Updated versions of Danimator's iChat and iChat-AV skins. (Including real iChat sounds and Emoticons). iChat Jaguar by Little_Tiger is included.
  • Real Panther sounds.
  • Real Panther cursors.
  • Real Panther screensaver.
  • Apple Dvdplayer skin for Windvd 5 or 6.
  • Panther skins for NeXplorer 1.90 and 1.87.
  • Aquadock 1:1 Panther Dock BG.
  • Fonts

See attachments below for screenshots.

Download: http://gede.bounceme.net/pack/pack1.0.zip - Might be down.
Mirror: http://130.89.163.88/Applications/Danimator.zip] - Might be down.
Updated Mirror (as of 7/26): http://starfleetplatoon.com/~sfp/WhiteDove/Danimator.rar

Attachments

• Jaguar W.b. SKins.jpg
    Jaguar W.b. SKins.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Jaguar Other.jpg
    Jaguar Other.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Menus.jpg
    Menus.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 124
  • Various Dialogues.jpg
    Various Dialogues.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Activity Monitor.jpg
    Activity Monitor.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 112
Saw this over at Aqua-Soft some time ago. Looks like a nice pack.
I remember Stefanka and Flyakite released similar complete system-file replacement packs. I used Flyakite's pack for quite a while before I reformatted my machine last month.
I've moved past the 1:1 emulation craze now though.
tongue.gif

I still use a lot of OS X like apps/skins though...but only if they are actually functionality enhancements rather than just looks. I gave up things like the Finder clones etc for now, since Windows Explorer with the tree navigation and address bar, for example, is so much more functional for me, personally.

Shame it looks like Jaguar than Panther, still nice to have everything in one handy package though :)

SPeedY_B said:
Shame it looks like Jaguar than Panther, still nice to have everything in one handy package though :)
The Flyakite pack was meant to emulate the Panther look.
smile.gif

forcer said:
is it easy to revert back?

Not sure as I can't use it. I'm sure if you download it and read the instructions you will get your answer there. :)

Nice, now I can just use this when I go through my mac phases :p

Flyakite is also working on version 6.0 of his pack. 5.1 already included a nifty little installer that made complete backups of all the files it replaced, so reverting back was as easy as uninstalling the pack from Add/Remove Programs.
v6.0 aims to add some more checks, so that the installer replaces only files that have the same version (i.e. same Windows Updates patches/service packs have been installed) to prevent messing up the entire system due to incorrect system file versions.

Well I can't seem to download this anyways, the links don't work anymore :( I guess I might as well wait for 6.0. Do you know when it might be coming out?

Hmm... didn't know about Flyakite's work. Sounds very user-friendly.

Used that before, it's great, 1 problem with me is, photoimpact 8 don't work properly with it. :(

This whole thing is great, but if you really want to get that much looking and feel of a mac. You might as well buy a mac. lol For all you rich people lol

why bman :)

why not make it look nice and pretty w/o shelling out top-dollar for proprietary crap :cool:

mmm, man if I had the money to buy one of those systems I would. I would keep Windows XP, but have fun and fool around with the mac. I was never a fan of there products and such, but lately I have grow fond of them. They just look to tooo nice!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back