Hide icons feature gone

S

Sage

On the desktop the "hide icons" feature is gone. Any ideas how to get it back. Already tried system restore.

Mine is gone too. What's going on here? :confused: Must check out your link madmatt.

I tried this from the other thread:

'R-click the taskbar & select Task Manager
under Processes tab select Explorer.exe & End Task
under Applications tab select New Task
type in explorer and click ok'.

It shortened the list but now there is no arrow. When I tried to unhide an icon & clicked apply it stayed hidden. Ah well will see what happens after a reboot.
:eek:

Another thing: How do you remove outdated icons from the list in 'Taskbar & Start Menu Properties'?

Well I got it back so something must have worked. :rolleyes:

Still wondering how to remove all those other left over bits though. Anyone got a way to it? :confused:

I guess I wasn't clear

It's not the hide icons down by the clock on the taskbar, but the right click option on the desktop to hide desktop icons. This feature is missing and I am unable to see any of my desktop icons.

ahh.

For some reason I found this to be related to active desktop. To re-enable that feature follow these steps:

Run Group Policy Editor
Navigate to User Config
Administrative Templates
Desktop
Active Desktop
Enable Active Desktop = Enabled

You can enable/disable the other features as you'd like to.

Hope this helps.

Uhhhh,I just right click on desktop>Arrange Icons By>..........third from last on the list is "Show Desktop Icons".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back