[New Toy] Zune 80GB

I just saw this in another forum
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdx/

DVDx allows you to convert DVD to VCD2.0 or SCVD1.0 or DiVX (AVI) or Windows Media (WMV) in one step (including multiplexing, splitting). It produces very good quality movies in AVI/MPEG1/MPEG2/WMV9 format you don't need to have 5GB or more free

Speaking of zune still waiting for my replacement to get here.

I'm guessing it is but I'm wondering if the 30 connectors and accessories work with the 80. I'm looking for a cheap cable to keep in my car to charge it in there. (I have a universal charger that accepts a regular usb cable so I see some cables for a few dollars for "Zune" but not description of which model.

It does but if you have a DOCK connector (fitted) it may not.

I am waiting for the 80GB version at the moment tbh.

anyone figured out a way to convert a bunch of files to wmv. Movie maker seems to only do one at a time and I can't get windows media encoder to work period.

I am doing it one at a time right now personally.

Let me know if you guys find something that works.

Converting all my Trigun episodes to wmv right now, 8 minutes a pop and 26 eps...maybe ill just find another series that is already wmv :)

I just tested out Any Video Converter Free. The first video I converted worked perfectly. It was to mp4 and worked perfectly on my computer and zune. I'm testing a batch conversion right now of the first full season of Futurama and I should be able to post my results sometime tomorrow.

The quickness and compression of the files is great. The videos are small on my computer but look amazing on my zune 80.

I will keep you all posted.

Season 1 and 2 of futurama converted to mp4 perfectly. They look bad on my computer but awesome on my zune 80. I used Any Video Converter Free, With mp4 settings at 320 x 240, video bitrate 512(the highest it will allow on the free version but still looks great), framerate 25, audio aac, 128, 44100, 2 channels, and basic A/V sync.

let me know if any of you use this as well and let me know your results, all of my wmv conversions with this were way out of sync. I also knocked off like 30-40 MB off the Futurama Episodes (approx 140 MB to 100 MB) going to try it on an avi movie and see how it does later.

Alrighty got all of my Trigun converted, I just used Any video converter free and batched them, I uh "tried" the pro version and there is little difference for this usage so I dont recommend purchasing it.

Last edited:
I'm going to test the other program I posted earlier, dvdx, to see if it can do a good job from a bunch of vob files. I will post that after I do that as well.

Im having trouble with the headpones I cant seem to get them to stay in my ear. I am missing something or are they rather strange?

the ipod ear pieces don't always sit in my ears right, always having to adjust them

Im having trouble with the headpones I cant seem to get them to stay in my ear. I am missing something or are they rather strange?

There is a pack with different sized pieces. Use one that fits :)

There is a pack with different sized pieces. Use one that fits :)

I've tired almost all of them and I cant get it to stay in, am I supposed to cram it in my ear till it stays?

jam em in your ear, cover them with surgical tape to hold em in :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back