Will This Work...

You are over stressing something in your system and it is degrading with time. Return to your rated processor speed and hopefully it will stabilize.

I would not attempt anymore overclocking on that system.

It could be anything going bad on you RAM, MB chipset, CPU, video card, etc. This is typical of what I got when I tried to overclock video cards. I saw it on my AMD 64 rig when I tried to run at 10% overclock, worked for a while and then I had to drop it to 5% over.

Well thats not good, is this common? I hate how i have this pretty good system and I can't even overclock it.

I'm going to leave it at 2.59Ghz, but if i see one more random crash, its back to its original 2.4, cause I don't really want to damage anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to just talk in this thread, since this is where the main details were. I have not figured out the keyboard problem yet, and I really don't get it. I have also been having problems with NFS MW now, like the game when driving the car, skips ever couple seconds, makes it seem like im doing 300Km/h and stuff like that, its really messed. Sometimes its fine, everything that I have a problem with seems to be random, or only sometimes.....if the game is having problems, i think i may have damaged one of the video cards...but is there away to know, i don't think so....

Edit* I was thinking about clearing the CMOS, and all that, reseting everything in the BIOS and see if that helps all these weird deals.

If not, reinstall maybe...

Alright, I'm starting to get pissed. I fixed most of the problems.

There are just the game problem.

I noticed that my other game (Guild Wars) & (Steam) both work fine, open up, play, exit everything nicely. I run NFS Most Wanted and now, it dosen't even load the game, it goes to the black screen and then minimizes to the taskbar, and if i click on it, does it over again.

I thought hmm, maybe there is a problem with the game itself, then I Installed POP Warrier Within, and it does the same problem. I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed...93.71 I think.....do I need like a 64bit driver, im not using 64bit windows, but does it matter?

this all just dosen't make sense.

Edit*....with much frustration and no help...I found out that sometimes services can effect games (which I have had both these games work on older systems, and one of them before on this system).....I disabled all non Microsoft's services and now they work. I don't understand this, but it seemed to work.

Not exactly sure which exact service was doing it, but things are working properly now.

Random System Problem

Well most of you have been following my threads, or at least my upgrade thread. You all know I got a new computer, with details listed in another thread, was already built for me and windows installed.

At first, it ran amazing, games worked, it was just simply great. I then get the great idea to over clock the cpu. I go from 2.41Ghz up to 2.71Ghz, no problems at first, but little by little i had to reduce it all the way back to 2.51Ghz, where it seemed to run great at that speed, but I didn't want to take the chance at breaking something, so I put it back to 2.41Ghz.

The first problems that started was with NFS Most Wanted. It started to crash to the desktop, and everything was frozen, or not clickable but seemed to still be running. That was only 75% of the time, sometimes it worked fine and everything. Then it started to play very choppy, like unplayable. I think then I let it go for awhile, didn't play it, cause i got fed up and couldn't figure it out. During this time, I seemed to have gotten a new problem. This problem was with my keyboard, the multimedia keys seemed to also freeze my desktop and everything, only those, and the keyboard i was using didn't need drivers, that was the whole point of that keyboard. I fixed that with using my old keyboard (which if i didn't install drivers for, it would do the same thing).

After fixing that (kinda, i want to use the other keyboard) I tryed playing NFS Most Wanted again and then it would load into the black screen and then minimize to the task bar, thats all, if i click on it, it would try to open and then minimize again. Steam and Guild Wars both also worked fine, nothing about them had a problem. So I thought maybe its a problem with NFS itself. I then went and installed POP Warrier Within and it did the same thing as NFS, with the minimizing to desktop. I read up that sometimes windows services can screw games up, I went and disabled all NON Microsoft Services and restarted the computer. I ran the 2 games fine, i thought I fixed it. I then ran it about an hour later, after startup and it did the same thing. I didn't know what to think or do, I let it be, had another restart, and now it seems to work when I want it too, no problems.

About 20 mins ago before starting this thread (well you know what I mean) my computer froze. I was clicking on a firefox tab, and it did the same kind of freeze where things seem to be working, just my mouse can't click on anything. I don't think in the years I had my old piece of crap computer I had these many problems, and weird ones at that.

There must be some serious problem going on, and I'm starting to worry and get pissed off. If I damaged something with the overclocking what would it be, alot of these things don't make sense on any term. I spent enough money on this system and I don't feel like spending more, or have spent that money on crap.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***I even flashed my bios to the latest version, and yes I am using 93.71 forceware drivers.***

Please don't start two threads for the same issue.

Threads merged

Log file is it may help....is a very weird random problems, sometimes it seems fine for awhile and then BLAAH

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:35:17 AM, on 1/30/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvraidservice.exe
C:\Program Files\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Keyboard\type32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Brendon W\My Documents\My Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,First Home Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54843
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVRaidService] C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvraidservice.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Jet Detection] "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LanguageShortcut] "C:\Program Files\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CloneDVDElbyDelay] "C:\Program Files\CloneDVD\ElbyCheck.exe" /L ElbyDelay
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ElbyCheckAnyDVD] "C:\Program Files\AnyDVD\ElbyCheck.exe" /L AnyDVD
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dlcgmon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Dell AIO 810\dlcgmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RunDLL32.exe NvMCTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msmsg] C:\WINDOWS\system32\msmsg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliType] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Keyboard\type32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LClock] C:\Program Files\LClock\LClock.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msmsg] C:\WINDOWS\system32\msmsg.exe
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back