What program will turn a photo into a comic?

T

Tiffany

Preferably a software program that will do it in as few steps as possible & is easy to understand.

Thanks

You mean like a comic strip?

If I remember right, Photoshop can do it. I'll check that out and get back to you.

Illustrator CS2 can do it quite well, its called live trace.

here is a quick example, it can do all sorts of different styles.

neocomic4nr.jpg

Last edited:
Good to know, I might have to invest.

That looks really nice, I mean check out those rims! :p

Illustrator can also do color, you can pretty much customize how it looks. It takes your raster image and traces it into a vector shape (thousands of them). I will admit though that for 50 bucks you cant go wrong with that app.

tell you what else.... if you really are interested in photoimpression... go to walmart and buy a cheapo vga vivitar cam for like 20usd and it comes with most models :D

Gimp has a 'posterize' option under tools-color tool menu. You can make a cartoon with many different levels of detail.

Give it a try.

As far as I have delved into the two programs GIMP seems to be as powerful as photoshop.

Note: GIMP is freeware available for download under the GNU Liscence.

Attachments

• Thanksgiving 014.jpg
    Thanksgiving 014.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 353
  • Thanksgiving 015.jpg
    Thanksgiving 015.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 283
YESSSS!!!! (someone else likes gimp!) i was going to recomend gimp but in my previous gimp thread, nobody liked it:(

Gimp is great if you dont have the money for PS or just dont like how PS works, but from a personal stand point I use PS everyday at work I cant stand to use the gimp. I find its layout and lack of more advanced features a real turn off. The way it does really subtle things really bothers me. However its been quite a while since I actually used Gimp.

Aprox said:
Gimp is great if you dont have the money for PS or just dont like how PS works, but from a personal stand point I use PS everyday at work I cant stand to use the gimp. I find its layout and lack of more advanced features a real turn off. The way it does really subtle things really bothers me. However its been quite a while since I actually used Gimp.
I can't figure out how to use Photo Shop or even Paint Shop Pro by Jasc.

I meant a comic like a cartoon or anime, with color like this:

Thank you all for replying.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 349
Last edited by a moderator:
In Paint Shop Pro you could try the following after opening your image.

Effects > Plugins > Virtual Painter

Could be an interesting plugin that, an animeise colour plugin.

But I reccommend GIMP as well as a good free tool

Tiffany said:
I can't figure out how to use Photo Shop or even Paint Shop Pro by Jasc.

I meant a comic like a cartoon or anime, with color like this:

Thank you all for replying.

Yes, Gimp can do something like that.

Down lood it and try it, it's free and has a lot shorter learning curve than photoshop does.

Amusingly I use Photoshop at home and GIMP at work (the SOB's are too cheap to buy me Photoshop at work. I had to beg and plead just to get Adobe which I have to use on a daily basis.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back