Man sues Microsoft over alleged Xbox 360 glitch

tzepp@cox.net said:
or is it called Holiday Day now?

Thank you for making me laugh! :laugh:

Perhaps Non-Offensive Day? :p

or how about: non-offensive, non religious, social acceptance Day?

:rolleyes:

:laugh:

You can't even call it that now. Just call it another day! :s :p

mlakrid said:
BINGO... WINNER...

I mean a label on HOT COFFEE warning you ITS HOT? WHat a friggin Loser...

Oh well, this just goes to show what this country is coming too...
this post is a case in point.

that McDonald's case is a classic example of corporate media and marketing fooling you and me into voting against our own best interest

most people don't know the actual case and if they read the minutes they would agree with the plaintiff, not mcdonalds

at the time, McDonald's was serving coffee 20 degrees over the temperature allowed by the health department and they knew it.

this fact was testified to by corporate officials at trial

in addition, McDonald's was warned that their coffee was served so hot if spilled it would cause third degree burns, this knowledge was also acknowledged by mcdonalds officials at trial

they insisted on serving the coffee this hot anyway because it made them more money. (true, better tasting, less drank with free refills, more satisfaction)

the person injured was an elderly women who needed skin grafts across her genitalia.

she didn't want to sue McDonald's, she wanted her medical bills paid for and that's it.

McDonald's insisted on the law suit so they could litigate the right to serve the coffee at the temperature they wanted instead of the temperature that every other restaurant served and the health dept. mandated.

Now, I suppose there are people that would still think it's ok to serve coffee above temperatures that are known to cuase disfiguration if heaven forbid it spilled on their wife, or their child, or their grandparents...but these people are few and far between

when you see these law suits that look so rediculous it will fly in the face of reason, there are usually underlying circumstances that made the point

Last edited:
Thats right perris the macdo vs coffee was needed and well founded.

perris said:
this post is a case in point.

that McDonald's case is a classic example of corporate media and marketing fooling the masses

most people don't know the actual case and if they read the minutes they would agree with the plaintiff, not mcdonalds

at the time, McDonald's was serving coffee 20 degrees over the temperature allowed by the health department and they knew it.

this fact was testified to by corporate officials at trial

in addition, McDonald's was warned that their coffee was served so hot if spilled it would cause third degree burns, this knowledge was also acknowledged by mcdonalds officials at trial

they insisted on serving the coffee this hot anyway because it made them more money. (true, better tasting, less drank with free refills, more satisfaction)

the person injured was an elderly women who needed skin grafts across her genitalia.

she didn't want to sue McDonald's, she wanted her medical bills paid for and that's it.

McDonald's insisted on the law suit so they could litigate the right to serve the coffee at the temperature they wanted instead of the temperature that every other restaurant served.

Now, I suppose there are people that would still think it's ok to serve coffee above temperatures known so hot to cuase disfiguration if heaven forbid it spilled on their wife, or their child, or their grandparents...but these people are few and far between

when you see these law suits that look so rediculous it will fly in the face of reason, there are usually underlying circumstances that made the point

Well, I've certainly never heard this side of the story. Do you have any links to back this up?

perris, good point. I don't like coffee or McDonald's anyway.

c
Grandmaster said:
Well, I've certainly never heard this side of the story.
that's corporate media for you grandmaster, though they've convinced the masses they are "liberal" they are clearly not

the media is a corporate tool to convince people into voting against their own interest

most of these stories of won frivolous cases have similar underlying factors and if you read the minutes you'd likely agree with the verdict

real frivolity is usually, (though not always) dismissed, and there are remedies if they are frivolous even if they are successful, which is not likely

for instance, in this case, the defendants lawyer would have moved to have this case thrown out in a summary judgment, the plaintiff's lawyer would have filed a brief in response with a few of his points to be made at trial included, the judge would have looked at both briefs and seen that the plaintiff claimed the defendant was serving coffee above the temperature allowed and that caused harm.

bing, a valid case and the motion for summary judgment would be dismissed

then it would be up to the plaintiff to prove the coffee was served at extraordinary temperature at the trial and there you have it

that's just a likely scenario

this particular case instance of corporate media doing what it's designed to do is indicative, demonstrating nicely how the media first convinces the masses that the media is "liberal" (simply by saying it so many times), then they can market their corporate agenda and have people agree with their point of view.

and there it is, this McDonald's case is the perfect example

I'd like you to pay special attention to the pdf on that site, especially read the "acceptable risk" secnario...the document is in picture format so I can't cut and paste

pdf file of the McDonald's coffee case is the link in case the pdf I up loaded is lost in the future

Attachments

• mcdonalds coffee.pdf
    203 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
tzepp@cox.net said:
The other 97% will be opened on Christmas Day :laugh:

or is it called Holiday Day now?

I could call it "Natalis Solis Invicti" (Birthday of the Invincible Sun), since December 25th is the birthday of the sun god, Mithras (a minor Zoroastrian deity derived from the Hindu god, "Mitra"). Roman Emperor Aurelian made Jesus' birthday the same birthday as Mithras on purpose.

And I find this interesting too...

“Mithras, the sun-god, was born of a virgin in a cave on December 25, and worshipped on Sunday, the day of the conquering sun. He was a savior-god who rivaled Jesus in popularity. He died and was resurrected in order to become a messenger god, an intermediary between man and the good god of light, and the leader of the forces of righteousness against the dark forces of the god evil.”

Happy holidays everyone. ;)

Melon

Screw saying Happy Holidays -- Merry Christmas !! Go ahead and sue me !! You trying to take my money will not take my faith ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back