Floppy/DVD/CDROM Problems on XP

N

ninespeeed

I was having some minor problems with my XP Pro. I ran a repair off the CD and it fixed everything. Now I cannot get the Floppy/CDROM or DVD to recognize any data disks. The CDROM and DVD both play music fine but when I load a data CD nothing happens, even when I do RUN, it says ":\is not acccessible. Incorrect function". If I put the data CD in and reboot the CD is readable as long as I do not remove it. the Device Manager says "this device is working properly" for all of them. Any ideas on this one.

Thanks

No, any CD I put in will not work, but they all work on my Win2K partition. I will try the fixes and let you know.

Thanks

I've had this problem a few times and it always seems to be InCD, which is a program that runs along side Nero. It's something to do with the fact that the version of InCD you are running isn't compatible with windows XP. This fault has usually occured when I've installed updates from Windows, but last week it was caused by installing faulty RAM into my pc. Basically I uninstalled InCD (and Nero to be safe), re-installed Nero and then downloaded the most recent version of InCD. It seems to have fixed the fault, although my floppy drive isn't showing up in My Computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back