Outlook Express Error

techie

OSNN Newbie
I keep getting the following error message when checking for new e-mails on my ISP: Error Number: 0x80004005

I already did a search on both Google and Yahoo. The tech support from Microsoft's site was useless because it did not work. I did a search on my computer for Inbox.mbx and it found nothing! How is that supposed to help me out?

I read someone else's post back in 2003 on here about it and someone suggested reformatting, is that really necessary? I hate to lose everything I have on my computer.

Please help me out soon, thanks!

Do you have Norton Antivirus installed ??? If so then disable script blocking, and disable new mail notification ..

techie said:
I did a search on my computer for Inbox.mbx and it found nothing!

The store folder is hidden so you have to put a checkmark in Search hidden files and folders before you search or it will not find them.

Search > All files and folders > More advanced options > Search hidden files and folders

kcnychief said:

Here's the problem with that site:

You Need to Subscribe to View This Solution

A lot of good that does! I do not have money to spend on things like this. I am on a fixed income and do not have money to throw out the window, maybe you do but I do not.

Next time give me a FREE site that offers a real solution to the problem, this does nothing to help me out, only frustrate me further.

You don’t need to subscribe to see the solution, just Scroll about half way down the page.

Can you access your mailbox by using your ISP's Web based e-mail?

When I’ve seen that error code, it’s been because of a bad E mail (very large and it times out) or password typed wrong.

I found that if you search the site you can't view the solution. You need to get a result from google.

Admiral Michael said:
I found that if you search the site you can't view the solution. You need to get a result from google.

That's not true. You can view the solution if you scroll all the way down, however if you visit the exact page (might be the site, not sure) one time, you have to empty your internet cache before you can view it again ;)

kcnychief said:
That's not true. You can view the solution if you scroll all the way down, however if you visit the exact page (might be the site, not sure) one time, you have to empty your internet cache before you can view it again ;)

Hmm, I'll have to try that after.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back