7900GT/GTX, when?

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
has there been any dates, be it estimated or definite, as to when the 7900 series will be released? i hope it's sometime early March, cause i'm hoping to use eVGA's Step-Up program, since once the 7900 series comes out, it'll be pretty hard to find another 7800GT CO. plus, i might even be able to get it for the same price or less..... so it'd be a nice little free upgrade if the 7900GT actually is released for $299.

I heard mid/end March.

When it's fast enough :cool:

lol.

I think based on ati's current (new-found) availability for their r580's and the lack of 7800gtx 512 availability (it is now EOL) they are going to release when their AIB's have inventory, I would wager.

REALLY hope it's not end of march. ordered it on December 27th (does the Step-Up program go by when you PURCHASED it, or when you RECIEVED it? i'm guessing the earlier), and it's valid for 90-days

It's the price you pay for these programs. They aren't stupid :cool:

Hope it comes out sooner so you can score your product. Good thing Feb was a short month :D

lol. yeah.... so i probably have until the VERY end of March. also have to pray to god that they add the 7900GT to the Step-Up program (though i don't see why they wouldn't), and hope they actually show it selling for around $299. from what i've seen, they even show my 7800GT CO at around $350-ish, when i paid around a little over $300 for it i think. also have to hope it comes out and that they add it cause..... i didn't send in the $30 rebate either. Step-Up probably wouldn't do too well with a box missing a UPC Code.

hmm...... supposedly they should be released very soon. YAY!!! now i jus gotta hope i get some nice coin for my 7800GT from eVGA so i don't have to pay too much/anything for the 7900GT and i'll be in semi-free upgrade heaven. lol.

It has been released and is in stock. News article on front page.

Performance is essentially the same as the 1900xtx but the xtx is a little cheaper and has more features.

Launch seems to be pretty wide.

The 7900gt, if it is available at $299 is a good buy.

The card looks awesome, and has less transistors ! 90nm process ....

Less Heat ! woot.

Higher clocks though. Compensate :)

Design is definitely more efficient.

bleeeeeh....... says Backordered for the 7900GT on eVGA's site..... guess they either don't have any yet, or have sold VERY quik-like.

I haven't read any real reviews on the 2 cards, or seen tests done, but from what I have read I'm sticking with the x1900xtx

well.... jus put myself in the queue for the eVGA 7900GT CO Superclocked...... should probably only have to pay like...... $50 + Shipping when my turn is up....... pray to freakin god they still let me do the step-up if it goes on longer than my 90-day period.

edit: and...... does the 7900 series have HDCP support? i'm assuming it does since in the details on Newegg it says "Built for Microsoft Windows Vista"

yeah..... what can you get from 24 monitors that you can't get from 1 (besides greatly increased eye/neck strain)? don't see the point. it's not like it makes it a virtual-reality-esque game...... just makes one really HUGE..... really STUPID looking monitor.

Kinda harsh dont you think? Its still cool.... I mean cmon, dont you think it would be slightly more immersive than a single screen? Not saying its practical or anything, just a cool "look what I did" kind of thing.

So basicly the tweaked drivers that Nvidia and ATI will be releasing are going to be the "neck and neck " race for who has higher marks? Despite the fact that both new series of cards lack things that are wanted, almost needed?

Wow, what a suprising letdown.

Nvidia = Good HDR, but hold the AA please.
ATI = Decent all around performance, but hold the multi-monitor (still haven't figured mine out)and HDR.

How is it a letdown? If you are refering to the lack of more pixel pipelines in the G71, then I guess its a slight letdown. These new 7900's are just a stepping stone to the real next gen cards. The list of pro's is quite nice....

• 90nm = cheaper, cooler, higher performing
  • Higher clock speeds
  • Better video decoding support
Lots more can be derived from the 90nm aspect.

I for one think this is great, we are finally getting more performance for less!! Hopefully this trend will continue and top end GPU's wont cost 600$+ anymore.

You have issues with the ATi multi-monitor config?

Yes, hydra-vision is a little crap but ultra-mon worked pretty well for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back