We Currently Have Server Problems

Re: Server Problems

Please, just tell us what you've found so far. The suspense is killin me. :p

Have we lost threads? Two threads I created last night have disappeared.

SPeedY_B said:
Have we lost threads? Two threads I created last night have disappeared.
Yeah that was me, i was bored and needed to vent, so i deleted your threads

out of interest is there any difference between the php extensions on osnn and those on sp, barr the version differences??

Last edited:

I can't post new topics! I tried posting a thread in Coding and Design, but upon submitting the thread, my browser (FF 1.03) tells me it's connecting to forum.osnn.net and a few secs later it dies, like I never pressed the submit button. When I hit the button again, it tells me I made a duplicate post and redirects me to the thread listing, where my thread is nowhere to be found?! I made slight alterations to the post (trying to bypass the 'duplicate' error) and the same thing happens. :cry:

The probs we were having with threads appearing, is starting to happen to posts. EP posted to the duplicate thread post, presumably with some updated info

attachment.php

But it doesn't show up

attachment.php

Also, when I posted a reply, I ran into the same prob with invisable post at first, and had to finagle it some...

Hehe, X-Istence chose a bad time for going on a vacation :p

am sure things will be taken care of while he is away

Glaanieboy said:
I can't post new topics! I tried posting a thread in Coding and Design, but upon submitting the thread, my browser (FF 1.03) tells me it's connecting to forum.osnn.net and a few secs later it dies, like I never pressed the submit button. When I hit the button again, it tells me I made a duplicate post and redirects me to the thread listing, where my thread is nowhere to be found?! I made slight alterations to the post (trying to bypass the 'duplicate' error) and the same thing happens. :cry:

I was having this prob. The work around for this is when you post and click the submit buttom and the page dosn't change to yer post on the thread, click the submit button again. Yeah, it will say that it's a dup. When that happens open another tab from the link at the top of the page of the section or thread you are on. You then go to the last post in the thread and yer post will be there. Now you may have to do this a couple of times 'cause every once in a while yer post won't show. If yer post disappears use the back buttom on yer browser to get back to the page with the posting window (don't click any other link or you may loose what you posted) and re-click the submit button and go through what I just said, again. Yes it is time consuming, but it will be nesessary until everything is sortted out. Please try to be patient.

Re: READ FIRST: We Currently Have Server Problems

I'm starting to think my mother never really lov... oh, forum probles!
I just had a downtime for more than an hour... It didn't even get to the sever (the connection timed out) the wierd thing is that I noticed the thread about the proble a while ago, but it only startted happening today.
Also earlier today I was clicked a thread and OSNN came up wierd looking with most of the images gone (don't know if its related)

And the M key on y kb isn't working too well.

1 hour ago was because i killed apache while working to fix it.

Seem to be getting some nasty render times, examples from the last three pages I loaded:

Page generated in 4.55 seconds (85.55% PHP - 14.45% MySQL) with 14 queries
Page generated in 16.66 seconds (5.09% PHP - 94.91% MySQL) with 12 queries
Page generated in 1.39 seconds (65.26% PHP - 34.74% MySQL) with 14 queries

Getting worse! :(
Page generated in 24.69 seconds (14.48% PHP - 85.52% MySQL) with 13 queries

Looks like MySQL is knackered.

Hopefully the new versions are better at returning errors and we can get this all sussed.

rushm001 said:
Getting worse! :(
Page generated in 24.69 seconds (14.48% PHP - 85.52% MySQL) with 13 queries

Yeah, here's one.

Page generated in 22.79 seconds (1.21% PHP - 98.79% MySQL) with 11 queries

We understand the page rendering issue. Please just wait, we don't need even more posts on the subject.

First time I've actually experienced slow-down for some time. I am experiencing intermitent slowness now though. Getting to the User CP is also sometimes impossible.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back