Messenger Plus 3

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
Its not recommended to use 3rd party removal tools. Patchou, the creator, has always been totally upfront and honest with regards to the sponsor program, so there's no reason not to believe him.
If you installed the sponsor program that comes with Plus! and if you want to get rid of it, the procedure is very simple. Please, do not create another thread to complain, that's pointless (nobody forced you to install the sponsor after all). The sponsor that optionally comes with Messenger Plus! is a harmless piece of software that installs a search bar in your Internet Explorer. This search bar can actually be very handy if you get used to it. However, I understand that some of you may simply not like that kind of bar and if so, you'll be happy to know that uninstalling it won't take more than 2 minutes.

First, here is a list of things you must not do:

* Delete the sponsor files yourself
* Edit the registry to try to disable the sponsor
* Run tools like Adaware

Doing either of these actions will permanently damage the sponsor uninstall package and will prevent you from uninstalling it properly. Thes rules are actually valid for any other software. Always try to uninstall a program before trying to rely on something else. If you already did damage the setup package, the best thing to do is to reinstall with the sponsor before trying to uninstall everything properly.

To uninstall the sponsor program, you must uninstall Messenger Plus!. Do not worry, you can reinstall Messenger Plus! later if you want; just remember to refuse the sponsor agreement in the setup this time .

* Go in Add/Remove Programs and double click on "Messenger Plus!" (or click on Remove)
* The "Messenger Plus! - Setup" is now displayed. Click on the Uninstall button. After a couple of seconds, the program will ask you if you want to keep your preferences, it is suggested to say "Yes" if you plan to reinstall Messenger Plus! in the future (this question is not related to the sponsor program).
* The sponsor screen is now displayed (if you don't see it, search for it in your Task Bar). To prove that someone is currently reading the screen, you have to type the code that is displayed. Once you enter the code, press Uninstall.

* If you entered the code properly, the program will ask you to confirm that you want to uninstall. You must answer "Yes" to this question, else, you won't have another chance of uninstalling.
* To complete the uninstallation, follow the instructions that are displayed (the first one is to close all your Internet Explorer windows, that's very important). When everything is complete, restart your computer and, voila!

If you follow the procedure properly, you won't need to do anything else. Do not follow any other procedure you find on the web, even on this forum. This one is the easiest and the best. It has been tested again and again, on every configuration possible and it does work.

Khayman said:
Its not recommended to use 3rd party removal tools. Patchou, the creator, has always been totally upfront and honest with regards to the sponsor program, so there's no reason not to believe him.
I do agree with you, Patchou's always been honest about it.
Thank you Patchou for your work ;)

Thanks,

I finally removed it. I just had to reinstall and uninstall it again.

Khayman, you don't seriously believe lop.com is a "harmless piece of software"? It is classified as a trojan.

http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/messenger_plus.htm

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=2413
Quote:
"For anyone who thinks that just because PACIULLO CYRIL the creator of MSPLUS is affiliated with lop.com in the install of their hijacking adware/malware, I got a hot flash for you all. He is more than just using them as an affiliate, he is a legal corporate partner with lop.com. THAT MEANS HE IS ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT ALL THEY DO!

Secure Software Inc. when I last checked the Florida state corporation database listed only Alex Shamash and his parnter Jason Lucas But as of today it has a third partner listed. Want to take a guess?

PACIULLO CYRIL "

Well weather or not lop.com is harmless or not is not the point. the point is if people took an extra few seconds when installing it they would opt out of installing the sponser which gets rid of most of the nasties that the sponser installs. However so agree that PACIULLO CYRIL should get some money from the hardwork he puts into msgplus.

Interesting reading though

Why is everyone so defensive of Messenger Plus? I wouldn't use it strictly because he bundles it with Spyware. If he wants money for his app, don't bundle it with spyware, charge for it.

valid point j79zlr but what if he doesn't want to charge people to use it but can't do work on it while having a real job?

This is a neat program but even with the option to not install the 'sponsorware' I'm still a little suspicious of it.
I just recently installed it for Messenger 7 and outpost's component monitor keeps complaining of changes on each program I open since the msgplus! install, the details always lead back to a msgplus file... What's the reasoning for this? Msgplus watching for Messenger to load or something?

Sinster said:
Thanks,

I finally removed it. I just had to reinstall and uninstall it again.
yea that's all there is too it, lol you should've seen what happened to me in august when i installed it i went nuts i tried every single little thing to get rid of the toolbar, adaware spybot nav regscrub/seeker manual deletion, in the end the person who knew nothing about computers, she jsut said it's msn plus just reinstalled it i almost blew up it was pretty funny

Kr0m said:
This is a neat program but even with the option to not install the 'sponsorware' I'm still a little suspicious of it.
I just recently installed it for Messenger 7 and outpost's component monitor keeps complaining of changes on each program I open since the msgplus! install, the details always lead back to a msgplus file... What's the reasoning for this? Msgplus watching for Messenger to load or something?
If you choose the option to not install the sponsorware then you have nothing to worry about. We always had the lastest installed but now we've changed to skype :up:

Evil Marge said:
If you choose the option to not install the sponsorware then you have nothing to worry about. We always had the lastest installed but now we've changed to skype :up:

I always choose not to install the sponsorware. There's still something with MsgPlus! that affects other programs in some way or Outpost's component control wouldn't keep giving me the warnings when I open various programs.

I've never had any problems with it so I don't know what to tell you :)

Hehe...
Tell me why Outpost's component control keeps giving me alerts about msgplus!!

:) :)

How on earth do I know :rolleyes: As I said we don't use messenger now anyway :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back